What is Psychotherapy: Discuss
What is Psychotherapy: Discuss
- Analyze nursing and counseling theories to guide practice in psychotherapy*
- Develop goals and objectives for personal practicum experiences*
- Create timelines for practicum activities*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4. What is Psychotherapy: Discuss
In preparation for this course’s practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Reviewthe media Clinical Interview: Intake, Assessment,& Therapeutic Alliance in your Learning Resources.
Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2012). Clinical interview: Intake, assessment, & therapeutic alliance [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2013). Counseling and psychotherapy theories in context and practice [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
- Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice inpsychotherapy.
Note: For guidance onnursing and counseling theories, refer to the Wheeler textbook in this week’s
PLEASE Addressed each of the bullets with a subtopic, use my references and all the references used must have an in-text citation in each paragraph. OR All Articles used must be within last five years only that is from 2014 to 2018. Please do not begin a paragraph with author name(s) (PLEASE USE parenthetical/in-text citations)
- Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-basedliterature.
- Developat least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experiencein this course.
- Create a timeline of practicum activities basedon your practicum requirements.
Wheeler, K. (Eds.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 1, “The Nurse Psychotherapist and a Framework for Practice” (pp. 3–52)
Fournier, J. C., & Price, R. B. (2014). Psychotherapy and neuroimaging. Psychotherapy: New Evidence and New Approaches, 12(3), 290–298. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4207360/
Holttum, S. (2014). When bad things happen our brains change but psychotherapy and support can help the recovery of our brains and our lives. Mental Health and Social Inclusion, 18(2), 52–58. doi:10.1108/MHSI-02-2014-0006
Fisher, M. A. (2016). Introduction. In Confidentiality limits in psychotherapy: Ethics checklists for mental health professionals (pp. 3–12). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. doi:10.1037/14860-001
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Chapter 3, “Assessment and Diagnosis” (pp. 95–168)
Chapter 4, “The Initial Contact and Maintaining the Frame” (pp. 169–224)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. (1995). Practice parameters for the psychiatric assessment of children and adolescents. Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved from https://www.aacap.org/App_Themes/AACAP/docs/practi…
American Psychiatric Association. (2016). Practice guidelines for the psychiatric evaluation of adults (3rd ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. Retrieved from http://psychiatryonline.org/doi/pdf/10.1176/appi.b…
Walden University. (n.d.). Tests & measures: Home. Retrieved February 6, 2017, from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/testsmea…
Use the following coupon code :