Please use the attached document “Generativity” under the assignment tab for the detailed information on assignment completion.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Topic 6 – Personality and Mental Health
Benchmark – Generativity Presentation – Online
This assignment contains several parts, so be sure to carefully attend to each part.
Part I: Preparation–Generativity Research and Self-Assessment
Find a few articles about generativity in the GCU library, including, “A Theory of Generativity and Its Assessment through Self-Report, Behavioral Acts, and Narrative Themes in Autobiography.” Link:
Part II: Create a Generativity PowerPoint
Assume you have been chosen to present the impact of generativity on life satisfaction at a Psychology convention (you will be presenting to your classmates). You will need to complete the following:
Prepare a 7-10-minute presentation on generativity. Your presentation should include some form of visual (Poster, PowerPoint, etc.). Note: Be sure to have an outline to follow
Your presentation should include:
· Define generativity in your own words.
· Some generativity theories and theorist you like the most (e.g. Erikson, Logan, McAdams)
· Describe how personality contributes to generativity
· Describe how gender roles contribute to generativity.
· Explain how/what actions you can take increase/maintain generativity.
· Include any other information you find relevant or that might benefit your classmates
· Include a Q&A segment
Part III: Give Your Presentations
1. You will share your presentation with at least four other people. Make sure to time your presentation to be within 7-10 minutes.
2. After your presentation, administer the survey titled “Generativity Presentation Survey” to each audience member. This feedback will be necessary to complete your reflection, so be sure to collect your data (and encourage honesty). Note: You must encourage your group to ask questions since this will be required to complete your final reflection paper.
Part IV: Generativity Reflection/Write-Up
Reflect on this research and presentation experience in 250-500 words, including the following:
· Before you look at the survey results, how do you feel your presentation went? Were you organized? Did you feel comfortable with the content?
· Summarize your survey results and share group member feedback (e.g. was it impactful? Were their evaluations consistent with your own?)
· Did your audience ask any questions during or after your presentation? What was your comfort level in answering the questions? Where you able to answer all questions asked?
· Describe your overall experience completing this activity. Did you learn anything about yourself? Will you do anything differently? What were some of your “take-aways” from other member’s presentations? Include aspects you found meaningful. Examples are encouraged.
Note: As this is a personal reflection, you are permitted to write this in first-person. Use APA format and include sections aligned with the bulleted items above. The majority of your points are weighted toward this reflection! Note- you do not need to integrate expert research into this reflection.
Part V: Submission
Individually submit the following TWO documents to the LMS.
1. Your presentation (PowerPoint slides, notes outline, or a photo of your poster).
2. Written reflection (250-500 words, APA formatted)
Use the following coupon code :