Discussion: Professional Development Plan Papers
Discussion: Professional Development Plan Papers
PLEASE FOLLOW THE EXCEED EXPECTATION RUBRIC
ALSO. FOLLOW THE APA FORMAT FOR REFERENCING
I am available for any questions or if you need adiditional documents. HE 006 Professional Development Plan Papers
For this Work Product Assessment, you will create a plan for professional development that provides a map for best practices ensuring that you are preparing yourself for the career you want and the achievements you wish to accomplish. You will also produce a short speech that summarizes your professional strengths, goals, and commitments.
This Assessment requires the submission of two (2) files:
- Save Parts 1-3
- HE006_Part1-3_firstinitial_lastname(for example, HE006_Part1-3_J_Smith).
- Save Part 4 (audio file)
- HE006_Part4_firstinitial_lastname(for example, HE006_Part4_J_Smith).
When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
- HumanMetrics Jung Typology Test™
- Walden University: Social Change
- Program Learning Outcomes: Master of Healthcare and Administration (MHA)
- Academic Writing Expectations Checklist
- APA Course Paper Template (APA 6th Ed.):
To complete this Assessment:
- Download the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to use as a guide when completing your Assessment. Responses that do not meet the expectations of scholarly writing will be returned without scoring. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided, where appropriate. HE 006 Professional Development Plan Papers
- Download the Walden University Writing Center’s APA Course Paper Template (6th ed.).
- Note: Parts 1-3 are all part of one cohesive paper using APA formatting. You will use headers to differentiate the three sections (parts).
- You do not need to include an abstract for this Assessment since it is more of an exploration of your professional goals and is not a research paper.
- Be sure to use scholarly academic resources as specified in the rubric.
- This means using Walden Library databases to obtain peer-reviewed articles.
- Additionally, .gov (government expert sources) are a quality resource option.
- Internet and .com sources do notmeet this requirement. Contact your coach or SME for guidance on using Library Databases.
- Carefully review the rubric for the Assessment as part of your preparation to complete your Assessment work.
This assessment has four-parts. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
Complete the HumanMetrics personality assessment. Based on your results, write a 1- to 2-page self-reflection as follows:
- Analyze your personal and professional strengths. What management, leadership, functional, and interpersonal skills do you consider to be your strengths? Why were these strengths included?
- Analyze your personal and professional weaknesses. In what areas do you recognize that improvement is needed if you are to perform as an effective administrator, manager, and leader? Are there areas in which you are interested but feel you need additional knowledge and skills? Explain and justify your rationale for selecting these weaknesses.
- Analyze at least threeopportunities you have to further your professional growth and development. Include work-related opportunities or those outside the workplace.
- Describe at least threeways you would incorporate the practice of lifelong learning in your profession growth.
- Describe barriers or challenges that might keep you from achieving what you want. Include work-related barriers or those outside the workplace. Explain which barriers are of most concern and why.
Consider the varied opportunities for healthcare administrators, managers, and leaders today: the different settings, positions, and areas of expertise and knowledge that exist in the fast-changing healthcare environment. With insights from your self-reflection in mind, write a 4- to 6-page opportunities analysis as follows:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of fourdifferent administrative and or managerial positions in four different healthcare settings (for example, a director of food services in a nursing home; a health information manager in a hospital; or a director of business development, contracting, and sales in a rehabilitation center). Select positions and settings that are of particular interest and relevance to you professionally. Explain why these positions interest you. Describe trends that impact the growth potential of these positions.
- Describe the strengths you would bring to each position as well as the weaknesses you would need to address, including any functional knowledge and skills you bring to the position or would need to gain.
- Analyze key unique and specific leadership, knowledge, and competency skills that are needed to be effective and innovative in these healthcare administrative roles. Identify at least fouryou need to enhance through additional training and mentorship and where skills can be developed.
- Describe at least twoopportunities you have for expanding personal innovative leadership in the workplace. How and why might those opportunities yield positive results?
There are many paths that lead toward continuing professional development through lifelong learning. All require deliberate and informed thought and planning. Based on insights and information gained from Parts 1 and 2 of this Assessment, develop a 3- to 4-page professional development plan as follows:
Note: If your current place of employment provides a “Professional Development Plan Template,” you are encouraged to use this template. Discussion: Professional Development Plan Papers
- Describe which professional organizations you might join. If you are already a member of an organization, discuss how you have benefitted and how you could enhance benefits from your membership. Describe specifically what you can gain from involvement with these organizations and what you can contribute to the organizations.
- Describe at least threespecific, measurable steps/actions you can take over the next 3–5 years that will enhance your professional career opportunities and help you reach your professional goals. Consider certifications that may better position you to gain new opportunities.
- Identify career goals in the context of the dynamic healthcare environment and the specific skills and knowledge needed to maintain a competitive advantage. Consider additional work experiences, even in your current workplace, you might seek that will enhance your opportunities in the future. Also consider what community involvement activities you might engage in that will authentically demonstrate your commitment to a community orientation and social change. Consider managerial and leadership skills you need to enhance. Explain your rationale for each, including how it will specifically help position you for continued growth.
- Describe at least fiveaction steps needed for your “Plan for Professional Development.” Using a “Word Table,” break the steps down into specific, measurable steps that include target date, event, and milestone. Provide rationale for each action step
As a healthcare administrator, you will be called upon to clearly and succinctly introduce yourself to many different people. It is helpful to prepare an “elevator speech” to express essential information about yourself and your goals. The term elevator speech is used in business to denote a short, simple message you can convey while positioned next to someone you would like to meet in an elevator. In reality, you may use an elevator speech when you meet people in a variety of settings and situations. Recall the goals you identified in your “Professional Development Plan.”
- Review the Walden University “Vision and Mission” statements web page, including the vision and mission statements for the College of Health Sciences. Also review the “Learning Outcomes—Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA).” Select one or twothat are particularly significant for your career aspirations.
Prepare an approximately 30-second audio (or optional video) elevator speech in which you:
- Promote your strengths as a healthcare administrator.
- Explain how your goals exemplify the distinguishing characteristics of Walden University and the MHA program.
- Share your commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
Use the following coupon code :